Monday, August 21, 2006

Interesting Swaps

I signed up for two "swaps". The first is ISE3, the 3rd International Scarf Exchange. It's an opportunity for me to knit a scarf and send it off to someone I've never met. I've selected the pattern and the yarn. I hope my pal isn't averse to fall colors or allergic to wool. And someone out there in the world will be sending a scarf to me. I can't wait. I love gifts. I love surprises. Come join the fun. You have until September 7th to sign up.

The other event is part swap, part challenge. I've enlisted for Sock Wars. According to yarnmonkey, who's hosting the event, "... you will be emailed a top secret file containing the details of your target and a pattern. To kill your target you must knit them the pair of socks in the pattern and mail it to them..." If you are killed you mail your unfinished project and your target's info to your killer. The sole survivor is the winner. I wonder if I am up to the challenge. Are you? If so, sign up by Spetember 8th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Its your ISE3 pal here. I see you have signed up for sockwars, well so have I. Let's hope we don't have to do battle against one another - that would be a terrible shame.