Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nautie



I finally decided to try and make myself a Nautiloid. It's one of the cool patterns from Knitty.com. The pattern looks easy right, just stockinette stitch done in the round on dpns. No big deal, right? Wrong!!!!

Actually most of it is really easy so far. The problem I have is the part where you coil the shell and connect it. You just pick up a stitch and knit it and the one next to it together, just a k2tog. Maybe it's me, but I find it to be rally awkward. The shell's getting in my way. But Nautie is worth it.

I'm making really good progress and hope to have him finished soon. And the one awkward stitch is only 1 stitch every 4 rows. I can handle that.

The color's not showing up quite true. This is the Caron Simply Soft Brite in Grape that I had left over from my Ripple Afghan. Nautie's head will be done in the Lemonade shade.

2 comments:

gigi_lcz said...

Hello!the picture is special.
this is my blog address:
http://liucaizhi.blogspot.com
welcome to here and give some ideas .

Wendy said...

ooohhh - that looks fun, i feel like going off and knitting something completely pointless and fun myself