Saturday, April 21, 2007

Retirement Ripple

I've started another ripple for a friend who's retiring, well technically her retirement has not been made official yet, but I can't wait til the last minute. I rarely make things for people I know. Not that I don't like them but it becomes challenging to explain why I made something for person A but not for person B. So I typically limit gifts for people I know to babies and weddings. Most of what I craft is donated to charity.

This afghan for Doris' retirement will be an exception. When I met her she was already married with children. And I've known her for almost 20 years. So I figure she's worth it. I asked her if she might be retiring and I might decide to make her an afghan, what color might she want it to be. She said green and cream.

I chose Caron Simply Soft because I believe she will be heading to a warmer climate and I wanted to make it easy care. She might want to use it outside on the porch or as a picnic blanket. Handwash would be a pain and she might not use it as much.

It's the Shades of Coral Ripple from the 200 ripple stitch patterns book by Jan Eaton. I'm using an 8 row pattern repeat of 2 rows Dark Sage, 1 row Sage, 2 rows Off White, 1 row Sage, and 2 rows Dark Sage. So far only 1 repeat is done.

1 comment:

Becka said...

She will LOVE it!
Although, I understand exactly what you mean about not knitting because of hurt feelings...am going thru a bit of a dilemma like that now, but the friend needs the lift so she will get the knitting! and she will truly appreciate just as your's will and I'm sure others will understand! if not...shame, shame, right?!