Monday, March 26, 2007

Scarf Exchange Update

Last time around, I knew pretty much exactly which pattern I was going to use. So I bought some yarn and got started. Other people were posting that they couldn't find the right yarn to go with the pattern they had picked out or they couldn't find the right pattern to go with the perfect yarn they had selected. I couldn't relate to what they were talking about. Until now.

I bought some 50% wool 50% silk yarn at the LYS, Heritage Spinning & Weaving, in pink. It's fingering weight and would make a great pair of socks but alas this is not a sock exchange. I swatched and blocked 4 or 5 patterns over the weekend. I didn't like any of them. The yarn was definitely the right one so I had to keep looking for a pattern. I finally decided. It will be feather and fan. A friend had suggested feather and fan in the beginning but I ignored her. Turns out I should have listened.



There's not much done yet. And it won't look really good until it's blocked. I leave for vacation in 2 days and I needed to make a decision so I can take the project with me. I can work on it while waiting in line to meet the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. She'll be signing her new book at a shop in Pittsburgh while I'm in town.

No comments: