Wednesday, March 07, 2007

They think I'm good

I've always felt I was a very good crocheter, maybe even very, very good. My family told me that. My friends told me that. I enjoyed hearing it, but they don't crochet. Maybe they thought I was good because they didn't know enough about it to know I was just ok at it. How could I be sure?

After joining the Crochet Guild of America, I discovered they offered a Masters in Basic Stitches. How cool is that. So I read the course description and decided to test myself. I procrastinated a bit but finally got my binders together and sent in my swatches (see previous post here).

And guess what? I am good at crochet. CGOA validated it when awarding me a Masters of Basic Stitches degree. I received 235 points after having 9 points deducted. The perfectionist in me wants to argue the merit of the deductions. But the student in me is proud I received my degree. The crocheters think I'm a good crocheter, therefore I must be.

No comments: