Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yarn Shopping was Fruitful



This yarn is Cascade Yarn's Quattro in colorway 9432. It's a blue and green mix. I'll use it to make the Farrow Rib scarf for my ISE3 pal. The pattern was part of the Little Box of Scarves. Quattro is 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. I hope my secret pal will like my choices for her.




Patons Decor is one of my favorite yarns to use for charity projects. It's 75% acrylic and 25% wool. It feels great and it's machine washable. I'll use this yarn, colorway 1714, to knit the Elaine scarf for the Red Scarf Project. The pattern was found in Sally Melville's Book 2:The Purl Stitch. I chose a machine washable yarn because I was afraid my scarf would go to a young college student who would inadvertently put it in the washer. With a non-washable wool it would felt. And back in college I know I didn't want anything hand wash only or dry clean only.

No comments: